I have five wines that I’ll be reviewing, and I thought I would go ahead and preview one of them. Truth be told, I’m previewing this one mostly because I had such a fantastic meal with this wine and I want to share the recipes.
The wine is the first one I’ve rated from New Zealand and it’s pretty excellent: Brancott Gisborne Unoaked Chardonnay 2005. Abundant pear and pineapple are the highlights of this wine. The pineapple flavor gives it a nice, tropical twist. It has a nice crisp acidity and a long end. There is a slight bitterness to the end, but it’s not terrible. Overall, this is an enjoyable wine. The producer recommends cellaring this for up to three years, and I can see it improving with some age.
Wine: Brancott Gisborne Unoaked Chardonnay
I had a wonderful meal with this wine Citrus Marinated Tilapia with a Cauliflower Asparagus Salad. These were a perfect match for this wine and I’ve built-in http://1000-facts-about-wine.com the recipes here.
Citrus Marinated Tilapia
1 lb. Tilapia
Juice of 2 Lemons or Limes
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
1. Whisk together the Lemon or Lime juice with the Olive Oil.
2. Pour the citrus juice mixture over the Tilapia in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with salt, cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet with a bit of olive oil and fry the Tilapia over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Until flaky.
Cauliflower Asparagus Salad
1 Head of Cauliflower – cut into bite size pieces
1 Bunch of Asparagus (about 1 lb.) – cut into bite size pieces
1 15 oz. can Large Black Olives – halved
1 Medium Red Onion – chopped
1 tbsp Capers
3 tbsp Colorless Vinegar
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Blanch the Cauliflower and Asparagus by adding to speedily boiling water for one minute, then transfer to ice water http://1000-facts-about-wine.com to quickly stop the cooking administer.
2. Whisk together the Olive Oil with the Vinegar. Add the Oregano, Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix and refrigerate for two hours previous to serving.